- Digital art
- MA Fine Art
- Finished!A new series off for an exhibition… It’s been a close run thing – long hours in the studio and no idea if I was going to make the (self-imposed) deadline of today toContinue reading “Finished!”
- New work! The space between us…30cm sq mixed media on board with a deep white float frame. Will be at Yellow Edge Gallery 3-8 April 2023.
- Letting it all go!During the pandemic I took a couple of years out just to play. I didn’t know what would happen to my work but it felt like a great thing to be doing – anContinue reading “Letting it all go!”
- That awkward phase…One thing I have learned over the last few years is that there is always an awkward phase in a painting. There comes a point where you stand back and think “Oh jeez, IContinue reading “That awkward phase…”
- Good morning February!
- Out of my mindFinished this yesterday, it took a few weeks to get there. Psychosis is a condition of the mind that results in difficulties determining what is real and what is not real….. Wikipedia
- The problem with intuitive art…..Over the years, my practice has looped back to working intuitively over and over and this is where I feel happiest. However, working in an intuitive, free, sub-conscious way is not without it’s issues.Continue reading “The problem with intuitive art…..”
- Dystopian brainSome days, my brain feels a little like this at the moment!
- My soul rechargedPen and ink mindful drawing – I love the little beasties peeping through!
- Staring up at me…!Some eyes popped out of my journal last night! I love the way that working like this leads to such unexpected delights. I definitely prefer putting down some random acrylic paint and ink firstContinue reading “Staring up at me…!”
- Mindful drawing, doodling, adult colouring… is it art?!A lot of my posts pose the question – is it art? And this week I have been thinking about my doodling and intuitive art practice. I have always doodled a lot, especially inContinue reading “Mindful drawing, doodling, adult colouring… is it art?!”
- AI… is it art? And if it is am I out of a job?!This week I was intriged by an article in Hackaday about Midjourney – an AI bot which makes images out of textual prompts given to it by the user. It’s pretty geeky stuff, andContinue reading “AI… is it art? And if it is am I out of a job?!”