Ailsa Brims Art
I am an artist from Gosport, UK and I am interested in places that are neither here nor there, edges, liminal spaces, and how we are so rarely truly present – we rush past without being mindful of where we are. I work in several media, depending on what I want to say. I exhibit regularly in the local area.
LATEST BLOG POSTS
- Out of my mindFinished this yesterday, it took a few weeks to get there. Psychosis is a condition of the mind that results in difficulties determining what is real and what is not real….. Wikipedia
- The problem with intuitive art…..Over the years, my practice has looped back to working intuitively over and over and this is where I feel happiest. However, working in an intuitive, free, sub-conscious way is not without it’sContinue reading “The problem with intuitive art…..”
- Dystopian brainSome days, my brain feels a little like this at the moment!
- My soul rechargedPen and ink mindful drawing – I love the little beasties peeping through!
- Staring up at me…!Some eyes popped out of my journal last night! I love the way that working like this leads to such unexpected delights. I definitely prefer putting down some random acrylic paint and inkContinue reading “Staring up at me…!”